- The Minnehaha – Historic tour on a historic boat, 952-474-2115
- The Queen of Excelsior – Sunday brunch cruise, 952-474-2502
- The Queen of Excelsior – Wed evening pizza & beer cruise, 952-474-2502
- Lady of the Lake – Narrated tours Tues, Thur, Sun, 952-929-1209
- Boat Taxi – Go anywhere on the lake for $25 plus $5 per person – 612-282-8616
- Excel Boat Club – Speed boats, pontoons and fishing boats, 952-401-3880
- Minnetonka Boat Rental – Pontoons and fishing boats, 952-474-5206
- Bay Rentals – Jet-skis, 952-474-0366
- Sail Away Sailing School – Owner-operated 2-hour sailing lessons, 612-871-8101
- Tommy’s Tonka Trolley – Kayaks and paddleboards – 952-220-0102
- cBoard SUP – Stand-Up-Paddleboard yoga (yes, real yoga) and tours, 612-991-6727
- Fishing Guides –
- Great fishing for walleye, bass, northern pike, etc.
- Excel Boat Club
- Pike Dreams
- Lake Minnetonka Guides
- Bull’s Guide Service
- Swede’s Guide Service
- Stonebrook – 15 miles, 7 day advance on-line res, 952-496-3171
- Dahlgreen – 15 miles, 6 day advance res, 952-448-7463
- Willingers – 45 miles, 9 day advance res, 952-440-7000
- Chaska – 8 miles, 4-day advance res, 952-443-3748
- Baker National – 6 miles, 5-day advance on-line res, 763-473-0800
- Deer Run – 8 miles, 5-day advance on-line res, 952-443-2351
- Bluff Creek – 8 miles, 952-445-5685
- Island View – 12 miles, 952-442-6116
Biking – Endless trails 1/2 block from the inn! Two bikes available or bring your own.
Bike Taxi - Call ahead to get a pedicab ride or tour of the area – 612-338-1128
MORE WAYS TO PLAY:
- Two clean, sandy public beaches
- Tennis/Basketball – Outdoor public courts, good condition, one basketball, two tennis
- Cross-country skiing
- Snowmobiling – Cruise the lake (Bay Rentals 952-474-0366), or drive to northern trails
- Excelsior Special Events – A calendar of events is put out by the Excelsior Chamber
A short walk down to the lake:
318 Cafe, 952-401-7902. Cafe and coffeehouse by day, live music listening room by night – and right across the street!
- Patisserie Margo, 952-746-2232. Super-yummy baked goods – also soups and light fare
- Excelsior Brewing Tap Room, 952-474-7837. Very popular new micro-brewery with tours Sat 12-2 and tap room open Thur-Sat.
- Jake O’Connors Public House. 952-908-9650. Irish bar, large menu, friendly servers! Spacious restaurant, reservations available, but not always needed so just call ahead.
- Yumi’s Sushi, 952-474-1720. Award-winning sushi served by Yumi herself, now in a new expanded location.
- Antiquity Rose. 952-474-2661. A sweet “ladies who lunch” type place. Homemade soups and desserts.
- Licks Unlimited, Seasonal and very popular ice-cream shop – the line goes down the block on a warm summer day!
- Lagos Tacos. 952-300-8495. Inspired by Mexican street tacos, but with an imaginative twist. Lobster, walleye, marinated pork are some of the favorites. Lively bar and a great tequila selection. No reservations.
- Dunn Bros, 952-401-8004. Coffee shop with live music Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00.
- Haskells, 952-474-0937. The quintessential small-town bar – with good food and a view of the lake.
- Tommy’s Tonka Trolley, 952-474-1313. Serving famous local Sebastian Joe’s ice cream, and renting kayaks and paddleboards
A bit longer walk through town:
- Maynards. 952-470-1800. Lakeside hot spot, great boat and people-watching. Indoor and outdoor dining and bars. Reservations suggested.
- Bayside Grille. 952-474-1113. Another lakeside hot spot, and a popular wedding venue. Indoor and outdoor dining and bars. No reservations, but you can call ahead.
- Adele’s Frozen Custard, 952-470-0035. Rich and delicious homemade frozen custard – flavors change daily. Also has a lunch menu. Seasonal.
A short drive:
- Joey Nova’s Pizza. 952-405-2700. East Coast style pizza, salads, subs and pasta. They deliver!
- Hazellwood Grill and Tap Room. 952-401-0066. Casual American dining. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Lord Fletcher’s Old Lake Lodge. 952-471-8513. A Lake Minnetonka tradition. Reservations recommended.
- Excelsior Dock Cinema – This wonderful old-timey movie theater has several screens and tasty popcorn – just two blocks down by the lake.
- Old Log Theater – Live performances at this legendary professional theater.
- Chanhassen Dinner Theater – This is the nation’s largest professional dinner theater! A short drive from the inn.
- Arboretum – If you love gardens and nature, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is not to be missed! There are hiking trails, a gift shop and restaurant as well.
Other fun experiences in and around Excelsior
- Spirit of the Lake Yoga – A short walk to their studio for serious yoga.
- Bella on the Bay- Spa and salon – hair, skin, massage, and more. Pamper yourself!
- Farmer’s Market – Every Thursday, May-September all the way up and down the block
- Trolley – Ride a restored historic streetcar.
- Gale Woods Farm – A working farm within the Three Rivers Parks district. Lots of fun for families.